This Engine was new when bought by the Brand family in 1946.
It was purchased in Southern Cross and taken to Marvel Loch were it was used
on the family gold mining lease.
In 1990 Hugh Knight went to Marvel Loch and was given the Engine to restore.
The Engine has not done a lot of work and has been started a few times since repainting/restoration.
It is a two stroke diesel which requires a blow lamp to heat a hot bowl for starting
and it was made by A.H. McDonald Pty Ltd in Melbourne